VIP Softphone provides the IP Server 900 or ESI Communications Server system user with VIP Professional features and the capabilities of an ESI desktop IP phone. It’s especially useful for those who travel frequently or have a small workspace.
Like other VIP applications, VIP Softphone is available in both a standalone edition (SE) and an Outlook-integrated edition.
Here is a brief summary of the features of VIP Softphone (in addition to those provided by VIP Professional).
- Zero-footprint phone — If necessary, make and receive phone calls on your PC. This is particularly useful for “road warriors.”
- Expandability — Thirty Virtual Buttons provide single-click access to extensions, mailboxes, departments, and speed-dial numbers. Each displayed button is color-coded to increase easy, at-a-glance recognition of its status.
- Easy programming — VIP Softphone offers simple drag-and-drop programming from drop-down menus.
- On-screen Esi-Check indication of network connection status — A color-coded box with the ESI logo shows you whether your network connection is providing adequate bandwidth for proper IP phone performance.
- High-quality audio — A USB headset (user-supplied) ensures quality audio communications.
Local or remote operation
- Locally — Operates on your LAN as a local phone.
- Remotely — Operates in remote locations, such as for small-office/home-office environments.
Like all VIP Professional-compatible applications, VIP Softphone also gives you secure text-messaging and auto-recording capabilities